Thursday, April 25, 2013

Baby Shower Favors & Hostess Gifts

My wonderful and gracious friends have offered to give me a baby shower for Haley in June! I am so excited to get to spend a day with a lot of my favorite people and of course there will be cake too! Yum!

I love to give people wedding and baby showers. I think it is so fun to decorate a place and just celebrate the special couple or mother-to-be. Our church always gives members and children of members a shower when they get married or have their first child. We don't do second-baby showers though, as a tradition. So this shower will be given by some of my friends from church but it will be at a different location. I just feel so blessed to have these God-given friends in my life.

So this time I decided to put together some favors for all my guests to show how much I appreciate each one of them and for the three ladies that will be hosting and doing all the decorating. Thanks to the magic of Pinterest, this was an easy feat. I got started early (the shower is not until June) since I we didn't have a lot of stuff going on and I will probably be in full nursery decorating mode once the shower gets closer.

I saw several ideas for hostess gifts such as a shower/spa basket with a tag that read something like "I hope your next shower is as wonderful as this one." I went with the bath/shower theme but sort of took it in a different direction.



Bath & Body Works was having a great sale on their body products and small antibacterial cleansers. I was able to order all the Pocketbac antibacterials for a $1 each and got a deal on the smaller body products. I chose the Beautiful Day sent and then made up tags that read "Thank you for making this a "beautiful day" for me!" I think they turned out pretty cute. 



I also included some light pink Essie nail polish since we are having a girl. :)



Here is closer look at the products. I got the clear, plastic containers from the Dollar General (of course).


I just made up the tags in Word and used some scrapbook paper to set them off.

Next, I cam up with a small tag to go on each antibacterial cleanser favor. I wanted to get all Sweet Pea scent but the website would not allow me to buy as many as I needed in that scent with the special sale price. So I also bought several in Strawberry Cupcake scent instead to go with the "girl" theme.


Another idea from Pinterest, the tag reads, "Thank you for celebrating the mother-to-be and her little sweet pea."

I am excited to have this fun job wrapped up and ready to go. Now I just need to get started on the nursery. Hopefully we can start in May!

P.S. Please wish us luck in the potty-training dept. too. We started this week with Jonah and he is doing pretty good but it still has not "clicked" yet that he has to get to the potty BEFORE pee pee starts to come out. I will do another post on this if and when we have somewhat mastered it. We will see.

Have a great week and weekend!


Linking up here:
Domestic Superhero



post signature

2 comments:

  1. Cute gift baskets! I haven't been to B&BW in a long time. I've never seen Beautiful Day or Strawberry Shortcake. Maybe I need to go.

    Good luck with potty training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey beautiful post! And the gifts with tags are just wonderful... So Cute!!!

    http://goo.gl/ExwxXC

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!